Thursday, January 24, 2013

History of the Periodic Table


The periodic table is the basic foundations block of pretty much all of science. Dimitri Mendeleev discovered the periodic table. The periodic table contains every element that has been discovered. Dalton was the one who united the theory of matter. He added to the periodic table stating that atoms made up matter as a whole which is the element. Without this discovery, the atomic number or mass wouldn't exist. Newlands arranged all the elements into the relative order of its atomic mass, which is kind of what Moseley did except he did it with the mass and not the number. Bezalius came up with the chemical formula notation showing the compounds of elements in one line containing the element and the amount of that element in that particular compound. Dobereiner figured out the set-up of the periodic and the way that it is made. It is what we use today in science. Moseley arranged the elements by its individual atomic number. He related an element's atomic number to the charge of the nucleus.


Mendeleev used his time alone very wisely and productively obviously, creating such a resourceful and basic chart of the elements. In today's world, I do believe the pace and lifestyle make it harder for us to achieve at a high level. I think this is the case in many ways; fatigue being one. The fast pace and hectic lifestyle of people today, including myself make it tougher to achieve, but the demand to achieve at a high level is also high. It tends to make us become lazy because of the mental and somewhat physical fatigue. I also believe that the distractions of our peers and friends and technology hold us back from going out and achieving goals that we want ourselves to meet.I really don't fill as though I'm being hindered by the worldly distractions, but I somewhat see them as a way to strengthen my mental concentration and drive to become better and achieve higher.

1 comment:

  1. Tre, what awesome insight! I really enjoyed reading ur option paragraph. Check your facts on a couple of scientists in your first paragraph. Consider adding picture for your next post.

    ReplyDelete